Keeping your office cubicle organized and clean goes a long way to develop a productive, healthy, and safe environment. This is more important in the post-pandemic scenario since maintaining hygiene and safety regulations is the new normal. Now, objects on the office desks including keyboard, mouse, and phones are sometimes get cleaned but for some reason or other, the sofa remains neglected. Remember that this piece of furniture is touched the most! Your equipment on the office desk is used by you only but anyone and everyone visiting your place sits on your sofa. Naturally, it accumulates the most dirt and dust.
Just like carpet, the fibres in your sofa is the ideal environment to harbour debris and dirt including dust, allergens, dead skin cells, sweat, and body oils. To reduce the risk of spreading allergy from these, you should get them dry cleaned at least every four months. And in the post COVID days, you should do this more often than before to remove any unhygienic contaminants.
Some of the major benefits of cleaning your sofa regularly include the following:
- Improve its appearance
- Remove bad smell
- Clear away any allergen
How often should you clean the sofa?
You should vacuum the sofa at least once or twice every week. However, there’s no fixed time schedule for cleaning a sofa. For instance, when you buy a new one, you may want to clean it once every week. Now, once it starts to get old, its appearance fades and it starts to accumulate more oil and dirt. Sometimes, it’s not possible to buy a new sofa every now and then so you should rely on cleaning it to maintain its appearance.
The time frame also depends on the material of the sofa. If you are investing on a plush sofa with soft fabric, you may need to clean it more often. The soft fabric, though looks elegant and stylish, acquires more dust and dirt and look grim in a short time-span. The means of cleaning also varies. If you want to vacuum the sofa, make sure to use the right mode so as not to affect the fabric quality.
Also, other than cleaning the sofa yourself, you should opt for a sofa cleaning service once every six months or at least a year. This depends solely on how dirty the sofa looks.
Here are some cool tips for cleaning and maintaining a sofa
- An effective way to keep your sofa cleaned for a long time is to wrap it all the while. However, this is not possible. Try these simple and effective tricks to keep your sofa in a good condition for a long time.
- You can use distinct sofa cushion along with removable cushion covers. This will enable you to simply remove the cover and wash it. However, it may not look very professional.
- If you are not able to remove the sofa cushion to wipe away any coffee or juice mark, stains, and other hand prints, you may try the following means
- Blot the spot with a tissue to instantly soak up existing moisture
- Place a moist tissue or cloth on the spot
- Rup the spot with soap and wipe it with a damp and clean cloth
- You can also clean the sofa with baking soda. This is a great element to remove stains from a delicate piece of fabric. Clean the sofa with warm water, vinegar, and a table spoon of mild liquid detergent to remove any stubborn stains. Also, you can remove wine or chocolate stains by rubbing the place with warm water and borax solution.
- If any client spills coffee or tea, make sure to clean the sofa with hot water. Diluted alcohol works the best for removing any ink stain.
Have you noted a significant issue? The problem with trying these means of cleaning the sofa is quite time-consuming. You may try these at your home but your office is a whole other realm. That’s why, availing a deep cleaning service is the most effective process. Here you don’t have to spend time in cleaning the sofa and you can rest assured that the professionals are taking care of it. With their long experience and expertise, they can treat your sofa and the treatment is not any quick fix. They will thoroughly clean your sofa and it will look like a brand new one! Try it!
These are more of some cheat guide than cleaning a sofa really. We admit that it’s not always possible to vacuum your sofa in the midst of conducting business. That’s when you need to adopt a cheat. You may opt for a dark coloured sofa instead of a light one. That way, you won’t have to clean it every now and then. It will not reflect all the dirt and dust.
However, bear in mind that dark coloured furniture can make your office room look smaller and darker than it actually is. So if you are investing in a dark coloured office sofa, make sure to choose a light coloured wall paint and light coloured furniture. Also, warm lighting in your office can enhance the entire appeal even if you buy a dark coloured sofa.
Remember, your office sofa is not merely a piece of furniture but occupies a focal point in the room. Naturally, you should give it the right attention because your guests, visitors and clients will see it on the first sight. And a first impression often impacts the last impression. If the sofa is dirty, your potential customers may grow a negative impression about your business and may feel uncomfortable to sit on it and conduct business deals. So don’t ruin your business for a mere sofa. Get your sofa cleaned from time to time to maintain a decent impression and safety practices. After all, you and your clients’ health is your first priority!
Let us know your thoughts on our article. The comment box is open for everyone.