The world of Office Furniture is undergoing a quiet revolution, which may not have been noticed as yet. For one thing, Office cabinets no longer line room after room, stuffed with paperwork. Storage of Information, that most important of Office functions, is no longer bound by paper files and folders. Cloud Storage has all but replaced the traditional paper records, and provide unparalleled security, secrecy, and durability. But it is the humblest of Office Furniture, that seem to have made the most giant of strides. Ever since there have been Offices in which to conduct business in, which may be extended to the really splendid courts of ancient Empires, this item of furniture has been at the cynosure of all eyes. The Royal Throne was this item of furniture, as was the shackled seat of the prisoner. And with the Office Desk, it has played a Duo role that has generated many moments of Business Creativity and Genius in the Commercial History of Man. Yet, little attention has been lavished by Designers of Office Furniture as well as Ergonomic and Technical Experts to actually redesign this piece of essential Furniture so as to offer relief and comfort to those very people who have to suffer longest in using it. It is the Office Chair. And it is sitting on this that Office Staff spends the maximum hours of their working life. Even Office Executives need to spend arduous time on their Chairs. Clients may spend less time on them, but Hosts must ensure that they are kept comfortable. So the lack of attention to the comfort, safety and strain relieving of the Sitters has been surprising, to say the least. But lately, however, the picture has changed completely. Some of the finest Ergonomic Experts in the world have picked up the gauntlet, and the results are astonishing. So here are 11 ergonomic chairs to use as recommended by health experts in the industry.
The 11 ergonomic chairs to use as recommended by health experts in the industry have been listed as follows:
- Haworth Zody Chair: This is probably the most famous Chair of this Series, and has been certified and recommended by the American Physiotherapy Center. It stresses the functions more than the forms, with its passive pelvic pad, asymmetrical support system, and 3-point Tilt mechanism.
- Steelcase Leap Fabric Chair: The most important feature is the LiveBack system used to conform to the positions that the User’s body unconsciously acquires, and thus prevents long term damage to the neck, spinal cord and head. It is very affordable too.
- Herman Miller Aeron Chair: This Chair is the very first to introduce a woven seat and back design (instead of unhealthy soft foam cushions which provide an initial sense of comfort but no real support to the body posture). Designed by the renowned Bill Stumpf, this is an ergonomic chair that came up with some really new concepts. The word “Aeron” is used to denote the Biomorphic Principles of the Human Body, which tends to reduce Body Pain during work drastically. It is constructed with high technology mesh fabric, and it works quite differently from the other Chairs in the ergonomic zone. Available at an affordable price, it offers 12 years of Warranty. The head cushion and the high back help maintain the proper posture at all times.
- Serta Mid-Back Office Chair: This famous Mattress-Company has come up with a Winner in Serta, with environment-friendly leathers with BIM active lumbar support and ergo-layered pneumatic body-pillows giving total comfort at a low price.
- Alera Elusion Swivel Chair: The back is of breathable fabric mesh, contoured seat cushion with waterfall edge, and the premium upholstery minimizes pressure on the body and legs. Top features are offered by this most popular Chair at the lowest of prices.
- White Ergonomic Leather Chair by GM Seating: Designed by Ergotech, the Ergohuman provides maximum lumbar support adjustments, for people who are already suffering from severe back pain. Though costly, it is ideal for its health-restoring functions.
- Steelcase Gesture Chair: This chair has won a number of the highest awards worldwide from medical and health institutions, and it can easily be ranked as the Second best Ergonomic Chair in the market. It can be easily adjusted for a wide range of sizes and shapes. It thus can operate as a wonderful Reading Chair for long immersive hours without backaches or nagging muscular spasms. The Secret here is the ingenious “Live Back” Movement design, which continuously imitates the movement of the neck and spine of the User, and adjusts accordingly, as does the armrest and height. Ultimately, the User is free to move the Body as desired, and the Chair adjusts automatically to support it. It has 100% Steelcase Warranty. The high price is its only deterrent.
- Herman Miller Embody Chair: The Best is reserved for the last. This fully Ergonomic design by the genius of William (Bill) Stumpf, has been praised as the most scientific chair ever and has been ruling this category ever since. The extraordinary innovation of a chair structured as an Exoskeleton provides complete support to the sitting human body in all its postures. It imitates the most relaxed human spinal positional support, but from the outside, i.e. externally. The Exoskeleton moves along with the posture of the body, keeping the posture correct at all times. It thus provides long hours of relaxed comfort to the Sitter. By minimizing spine compression, this chair helps in lowering the loss of fluid from the spinal discs, guaranteeing long hours of effortless work, and maximizing productivity. Some of the Pros include an unbeatable 12-year Warranty, the reduction of muscle ache, keeping work posture to its best style, stimulating blood supply and oxygenation throughout the body frame. Additionally, the materials are from renewable resources and are 95% recyclable. Perhaps the only drawback is the high-end price, but that is easily compensated by extraordinary support that this Chair provides to the User.