Office is one of the places that you visit the most in your entire lifetime! Naturally, your office desk should get proper attention. When you plan to buy an office desk, you need to consider a few things. We are here to guide you through your purchasing session. We will provide you with some cool tips to help you choose the right desk for your office. So keep reading!
- Office Decor – While selecting a desk, pay attention whether it is suitable for the rest of your office room. For instance, a wood polished desk instantly enhances your room’s professional outlook. On the other hand, you can pick a colourful desk that matches your wall paint. If your wall has a light shade (say, pink colour), opt for a dark shade desk (say, black or dark brown). You can also pick the colour and style – whether traditional or contemporary, to compliment your office room.
- Type – The type of your office has a crucial role to play for determining your desk. If you are a wedding planner, your desk can be colourful or more decorative. If you are buying an office desk for a grand hotel reception, it should be vibrant like milk-cream or golden colour. Again, if you own a hardware business, your office desk can be wood polished. Determine the type of appeal you want to reach to your customers. This will help you to pick the right table for your office.
- Size – While picking a table, keep a keen eye on the size of the table. Various factors work while deciding the size. The first is the office surrounding. How much space do you have in the surrounding of the desk? If you have a lot of space, you can buy a big desk. Remember that too much furniture or too big a desk can make your space look smaller. So if you don’t have substantial place around the desk, it’s better to skip the idea of buying a big desk.
Second factor you should consider is other furniture in your room. Would you like to keep all the documents or other elements in different cupboards? Or do you like to keep them in multiple drawers in your desk? Depending on your choice, you need to pick the right one for your office. If you want to include multiple drawers in your desk, its size will be big and it will be bulky.
- Budget – Budget is one of the most crucial considerations while buying a desk. If you are launching a new startup and decorating a new office, you sure don’t want to squander resources. So keep an eye on the price tag. The price of a desk depends on multiple factors. If you want multiple drawers, it will cost you more. Also, if you opt for a real wood desk, it will be costlier than a fibre one. The finish of the desk also contributes in varying price.
However, we recommend you not to choose a desk on the basis of budget. Don’t look for a “cheap desk” if you want to buy a quality one. In that case you won’t be able to complain about the compromised quality of the product.
- Technological Specifications – Everyone has a specific demand when it comes to buying an office desk. Unlike a bedside table, an office desk is not merely a showpiece and its relevance determines its quality and price. Before purchasing a desk, consider your technological demands. For instance, do you require a table that can accommodate several electric cords? Do you demand a desk that has a sliding tray to keep your keyboard? Do you want to access the footrest from only one side or both sides? Do you want a desk with a separate space for CPU? These considerations will significantly impact the choice of your desk.
- Shape – An office desk can have varying shapes and designs. Determine if you want your desk for a combination paperwork, computer work and meetings. For instance, an L shaped office desk enables you to conduct both your work and also serves any meeting purpose. On the other hand, a U shaped model offers you more space and produces a positive impression for guests and clients. If you have a separate room to conduct business meetings, you may opt for the latter design. And if you have a small room where you are starting your business, you may purchase a mobile computer cart or a compact computer desk. This doesn’t demand much space and you can easily execute your office works at the comfort of the desk.
- Surface – Another major consideration before purchasing a desk is the desk surface. For instance, a lamination is durable and affordable. It comes in multiple patterns and colours. Opt for a high pressure and thick laminate if you don’t want it to decay with time.
Steel desks have a reasonable price and these are ideal for high-traffic areas or heavy usage. However, these are bulkier than the traditional ones and not preferable to many due to its somewhat unprofessional appearance.
Few points to remember
Before purchasing a desk, it’s better to know some measurements. This will help you to pick the right one that will provide you the ultimate comfort. Check out the following pointers:
The desk needs to provide a space to keep your legs. Usually, a standard desk height is around 30 inches from the floor.
Make sure to keep about three and a half ft space at the back of the desk for your sitting area. And also maintain the same spacing for the opposite side or the front side of the desk (for your guests or clients). This will allow you much space to fit the chairs and enhance your sitting comfort.
Before you set out to purchase an office desk, keep these pointers in mind and you are good to go. Instead of a flashy one, we recommend you to buy a durable and quality product that can serve you well for long time.
Share your thoughts with us!
When it comes to planning a professional space we want everything to be perfect. Starting from interiors to exteriors and from furniture to electricity we want everything to fall into its place nicely and effectively. We don’t want anything to bother us in the future. For the same, we take care of every nitty-gritty and furniture is one of them.
When it comes to choosing furniture for a company, we find numerous options available. We look towards every kind of furniture available in the market, irrespective of the company or the supplier. We focus on the looks that will suit our surroundings rather than looking after the brand. Recently, it has been recorded that people usually buy Chinese furniture for their offices, the reason being the price offered in Chinese furniture. They are available at a relatively low price as compared to others.
It is necessary to place things accordingly. There are numerous reasons why it is to be suggested not to buy office furniture made in China. These are:
The quality that is available by Chinese manufacturers is extremely low. However, the case is this furniture is available to you at a very low price. Yet the quality is just the same as the price. These are usually made from hardwood. This wood is not suitable for furniture at all. The water content found in these woods is extremely high. If you consider them for your surroundings you will feel disappointed after some time. Hardwood is considered to be one of the most inappropriate wooed for furniture. Make sure about the quality of wood also when you are looking forward to furniture for office purposes.
There are numerous designs are available in Chinese furniture but they will lack class. The designs that are available will not suit your office surrounding at all. They may be used at your home but your office requires a more elegant appearance. Therefore, it will be suggested to avoid this type of furniture which does not put forward a good impression for yourself. Therefore, make sure about the design you are looking for your office purpose.
This furniture is not reliable at all. After some time of usage, you will find them to look ugly and you cannot rely on them for a longer duration. It is not possible to change the furniture again and again. They fall into those class of furniture which look very good in starting bus as the time passes, these start to lose all the lusture and shine available. Therefore, it is necessary to consider the furniture which hits high in terms of reliability.
Chinese furniture is not durable at all. You cannot trust the quality available in Chinese furniture. When it comes to choosing furniture for office purposes, it is necessary to choose the furniture which is durable as well. We usually place those things in our surroundings which are durable. Pieces with less durability are not preferred for the same. The reason behind considering durable furniture is, it will require frequent changing of furniture. The ones that you buy will no more be in their usable condition and you will have to buy them over and over again, thus spending more money in the long term. So, if you choose Chinese furniture, congratulations! You are inviting an unwanted problem to your place.
You cannot consider Chinese furniture keeping in mind the quantity as well. If you have placed an order for 100 pieces of the same design, it is not possible to have the same design in every piece. There is a lot of variation in designs given by these manufacturers. For business purposes, it is thus necessary to have the same design available all over the office. You cannot serve your employs differently. If you are giving a brown color chair to your one employee, every employee in your premises supposed to have the same color chair available with them. In short, you cannot trust them to have the same design of furniture available for all over the area which is a major problem.
The looks that are available are not good at all. These are actually lacking in looks. To create an ambiance that adds feel-good factor to your guests, it is necessary to make the area look sober. The looks available with Chinese furniture are something that will not make your ambiance look good at all. Looks are very necessary to consider. On the basis of looks, another person can easily judge your class and status. Therefore, it is necessary for you to choose the best looks for your surroundings.
As mentioned above, there are numerous drawbacks of considering Chinese furniture for the office. Therefore, it is necessary to have the best available with you.
Although the furniture that is available with Chinese manufacturers cost less, they lack quality. It has been suggested that before considering any of the material for your office surroundings, just make sure about the factors that would be important for maintaining your dignity.
Do not invest in a large quantity at a lower price; invest in something which is available with the best of the quality in high amounts. Do not compromise with anything when you are looking forward to having furniture for your surroundings of the office. After all, office is a place that not only serves your employees but also your clients.
It is necessary to make the ambiance look fabulous the reason being it will make your employs to work more efficiently as well. It has been seen that we usually reside in a place that also suits our vibes. If the surrounding is not cooperating with our vibe we cannot adjust in the same surrounding. Therefore, it has been suggested to go to the furniture which will look fabulous with your surroundings. Do not invest in a cheap thing.
Buying used furniture has its own benefits. The furniture is cost-effective as it is sold at a much lesser value than the actual price. Also, high-quality brands can also be bought at a much affordable price. The money saved by buying the refurbished or used furniture can be used to customize the furniture according to one’s own use. But the refurbished or the old furniture has more cons than the pros. Following is a list of reasons why one should not buy the old furniture as it will cost you more in the long run.
- No warranty or return policy: Most of the used furniture will be sold as it is and thus the new customer will not be offered any service plan or warranty. Warranties are either expired or are non-transferable after the transactions are made. Hence, it will become difficult for the buyer to get it replaced or repaired in case of any damage or wrong size. However, if one buys new furnishings then he will be offered a minimum of 6 months warranty which will help him to get it repaired in case of any damage.
- Condition: It is, obviously, risky to buy the used furniture as it may be damaged or needs repair which might cost you even more than the cost of the new one. Thus, the customer becomes uncertain about the quality and durability of the product. The furniture might also have some damage which you don’t know beforehand and hence will take up more of your money. Most of the furnishings are made up of wood and with the passage of time, there is a high risk of them being attacked with termites. Then, you will have to invest your time and money in repairing and cleaning up the damages. There might not be serious damage to the product, but there will always be some blemishes, scratches or scuffs on the product.
- Longevity: The old furniture must have gone through a lot of wear and tear and hence, you’ll be required to replace it much sooner than the new furnishings. Even the best of woods has a shelf life of 10-15 years and buying old furniture will automatically give you a product with a lesser shelf life as it might have already been depreciated. Since it is a product with a lesser shelf life left, it will be more prone to breakage and thus might potentially cause injury. You will definitely not want you and your family to get scratched or fall on the ground and hurt their back or butt. This will not only cost you the price of buying the new furniture, but you will also have to pay the hospital bills.
- Incompatible: The furniture that you bought might be incompatible to the furniture that you already have. You might want to get it painted to the exact same color as of the previous furniture or you would want to replace all of your furniture again and this will cost you even more. Also, the old furniture might be small, and you would then have to buy more furniture, adding to the overall cost.
- Limited Quantity, less choice and old pattern: If the quantity is less than what one actually wants, buying old furniture can create a mismatched look with regard to the previously present furnishings and hence the customer would have to compromise. This will then lead to the replacement of all the furniture costing you a humongous amount of money. Due to the limited amount of quantity, one has a lesser number of choices to select from. You might not get the exact color and size of the furnishing for your place to get it coordinated with the previously present furnishings. Also, the old furniture will definitely be of a pattern which is not much used now and hence will not look good with your modern furnishings. This will instigate you to buy new furnishings and thus making a hole in your pants.
- Not as aesthetically pleasing: The furniture that you buy must be presentable, but the old furniture doesn’t look very appealing because of the wear and tear it has gone through and this is not a good option to be considered. It additionally doesn’t have the rich tones and delightful styles that the high-quality piece of furniture items usually features. It will prompt you to buy new and aesthetically pleasing furniture which will cost you even more.
- Discomforting: The most appealing furniture is the one which is the most discomforting. There are furnishings that look good, but once you start using them, they prove to be a pain in the ass. Old sofas and couches might have become slouchy with their usage, and thus are not a good option to invest your money into. The discomfort that they offer you can’t be matched by anything and thus one should keep them away from such furnishings.
- Bugs: Yes bugs thrive on used furniture and carrying a piece of old furniture might not only spread the bugs all around your house but will also be a place for other infestation.
Buying the used furniture is like a game of gambling. You might get lucky to get great furniture with high quality and a gently used piece but you might also end up with a furnishing that is highly damaged. Thus, noting the above-mentioned reasons, stick to buying new furniture pieces. Knowing that it is backed by a vendor and offers you a warranty makes it worth the buy. Also, you will be surprised to know there will not be much difference in the price of the new and the old piece of furnishing. Even now, if you wish to buy the used furnishings because of some reasons, then always check for all the points mentioned and if you find that the piece is worth the buy then you can buy it and get lucky. However, such situations are rare to occur.
Office chairs are also known as desk chairs. We can understand from the name of the chairs that such chairs are designed especially for office works. There are many places in an office where different types of chairs are needed. For example, chairs of different design are needed for the employees, different chairs are needed for the meeting room, different chairs for the head of the company. There are different types of office chairs available in the market for different purposes in an office.
People should choose the best office chairs according to their requirements. Generally, the office chairs have wheels which help in moving the chair from one place to another place easily. Along with the wheels, office chairs can be adjusted at a required height.
TYPES OF CHAIRS
As said above, there are different types of office chairs for different purposes. They are listed below–>
- Tall and big chairs
- Computer chairs
- Conference chairs
- Drafting chairs
- Drafting Stools
- Ergonomic chairs
- Executive chairs
- Kneel chairs
- Petite chairs
- Beam seating chairs
- Chairs for the reception area
- Tablet arm chairs
- Armless chairs
- Folding chairs
- Stacking chairs
HOW SHOULD WE SELECT OFFICE CHAIRS?
People should select suitable office chairs which can be used for the purposes in an office. Here are 9 tips to choose the right office chair
- You should check that the height of the chair can be adjusted or not. Chairs in which height can be adjusted are preferred more.
- Along with the height of the chair, the backrest should also be adjustable. Adjustable backrests are more comfortable. A person cannot sit in one position for the whole day.
- The chair should have lumbar support. Lumbar support is that support which is given to the lower back of the people.
- The material of the chair should be breathable. There are many chairs which come with unbreathable material. You would be thinking that how the material of a chair can trouble in breathing, but it does. There are some materials which do not let the moisture from the skin evaporate, which makes it difficult to breathe for the person.
- The chair should have sufficient padding. The padding makes the chair soft and comfortable to sit.
- The chair should have armrests. Office chairs with armrests reduce the shoulder strain.
- The controls in the chair which are used for adjusting the chair should be easy to use.
- The chair should move easily.
- The width of the chair should be enough for sitting properly on it.
These were some features which should be checked in an office chair while purchasing it.
FEATURES OF ERGONOMIC CHAIRS
Ergonomic chairs are best known for backrests. There is a mechanism in this chair which is known as synchronized ergonomic. In this mechanism, the person can adjust the armrests in two ways. Ergonomic chairs also have headrests. The seats of the ergonomic chairs are made up of steel base. Along with these, this chair has rollers, which make the movement of the chair easy.
FEATURES OF TALL AND BIG CHAIRS
These chairs are very comfortable for sitting. A person can spend 5-8 hours sitting on this chair. Such chairs are available in two different sizes which are low back and high back. High back has the back of the chair long and low back chairs have short back in the chair. This chair is manufactured from the PU or leather material. The mechanism of this chair is known as gas lift. The base of this chair is made up of steel. The rollers of this chair are made from the nylon material. Along with all these, this chair has a backrest and the seat of this chair is adjustable.
CHAIR FOR EMPLOYEES
This chair is best known for the employees working in an office. The mechanism of this chair is known as synchronized tilting. The back of this chair is known as mesh back. The seat of this chair manufactured also from the mesh material. This chair has an adjustable seat and armrest. The rollers of this chair are made up of steel. This chair is available in different colors. The mechanism (gas lift) of this chair lets the people of different body shape and height use the chair easily.
FEATURES OF CONFERENCE ROOM CHAIRS
Conference room chairs are an essential part of the conference in an office. The material of this chair is known as Italian leather. This chair has a metal base. It also has rollers. This chair has a tilt mechanism. The seat of this chair can be adjusted. The headrest in this chair is stable. The armrest of this chair is attached along with the body of the chair. The backrest also of this chair can be adjusted.
CHAIR FOR MANAGERS
This chair will give the best look to a manager. This chair is made up of the material Italian leather. The armrest of this chair is made up of aluminum and is covered with the leather material. The base of this chair is made up of steel. The rollers of this chair can be rotated at 360 degrees. A person can move the chair even when he/she is seated. This chair has both mechanisms, tilt as well as gas lift. Because of these two mechanisms any person with any shape can adjust to this chair.
CHAIRS FOR MEETING ROOMS
This chair would be best for meeting rooms. The chair is made up of the leather material. The base of this chair is made up of steel. The armrest of this chair is manufactured with aluminum material. It has rollers. This chair is associated with the gas lift and tilt mechanism. The headrest in this chair is attached to the body of the chair.
FEATURES OF EXECUTIVE CHAIRS
The executive chair is best known for the backrest. This chair is made with different materials like leather, mesh, PU, etc. The backrest of this chair is made up of mesh material. The seat, as well as the headrest of this chair, is adjustable. The armrest of this chair is fixed. It is not adjustable. The base of this chair is made up of steel. The mesh material keeps the person cool. This chair is associated with synchronized mechanism.