Office is one of the places that you visit the most in your entire lifetime! Naturally, your office desk should get proper attention. When you plan to buy an office desk, you need to consider a few things. We are here to guide you through your purchasing session. We will provide you with some cool tips to help you choose the right desk for your office. So keep reading!
- Office Decor – While selecting a desk, pay attention whether it is suitable for the rest of your office room. For instance, a wood polished desk instantly enhances your room’s professional outlook. On the other hand, you can pick a colourful desk that matches your wall paint. If your wall has a light shade (say, pink colour), opt for a dark shade desk (say, black or dark brown). You can also pick the colour and style – whether traditional or contemporary, to compliment your office room.
- Type – The type of your office has a crucial role to play for determining your desk. If you are a wedding planner, your desk can be colourful or more decorative. If you are buying an office desk for a grand hotel reception, it should be vibrant like milk-cream or golden colour. Again, if you own a hardware business, your office desk can be wood polished. Determine the type of appeal you want to reach to your customers. This will help you to pick the right table for your office.
- Size – While picking a table, keep a keen eye on the size of the table. Various factors work while deciding the size. The first is the office surrounding. How much space do you have in the surrounding of the desk? If you have a lot of space, you can buy a big desk. Remember that too much furniture or too big a desk can make your space look smaller. So if you don’t have substantial place around the desk, it’s better to skip the idea of buying a big desk.
Second factor you should consider is other furniture in your room. Would you like to keep all the documents or other elements in different cupboards? Or do you like to keep them in multiple drawers in your desk? Depending on your choice, you need to pick the right one for your office. If you want to include multiple drawers in your desk, its size will be big and it will be bulky.
- Budget – Budget is one of the most crucial considerations while buying a desk. If you are launching a new startup and decorating a new office, you sure don’t want to squander resources. So keep an eye on the price tag. The price of a desk depends on multiple factors. If you want multiple drawers, it will cost you more. Also, if you opt for a real wood desk, it will be costlier than a fibre one. The finish of the desk also contributes in varying price.
However, we recommend you not to choose a desk on the basis of budget. Don’t look for a “cheap desk” if you want to buy a quality one. In that case you won’t be able to complain about the compromised quality of the product.
- Technological Specifications – Everyone has a specific demand when it comes to buying an office desk. Unlike a bedside table, an office desk is not merely a showpiece and its relevance determines its quality and price. Before purchasing a desk, consider your technological demands. For instance, do you require a table that can accommodate several electric cords? Do you demand a desk that has a sliding tray to keep your keyboard? Do you want to access the footrest from only one side or both sides? Do you want a desk with a separate space for CPU? These considerations will significantly impact the choice of your desk.
- Shape – An office desk can have varying shapes and designs. Determine if you want your desk for a combination paperwork, computer work and meetings. For instance, an L shaped office desk enables you to conduct both your work and also serves any meeting purpose. On the other hand, a U shaped model offers you more space and produces a positive impression for guests and clients. If you have a separate room to conduct business meetings, you may opt for the latter design. And if you have a small room where you are starting your business, you may purchase a mobile computer cart or a compact computer desk. This doesn’t demand much space and you can easily execute your office works at the comfort of the desk.
- Surface – Another major consideration before purchasing a desk is the desk surface. For instance, a lamination is durable and affordable. It comes in multiple patterns and colours. Opt for a high pressure and thick laminate if you don’t want it to decay with time.
Steel desks have a reasonable price and these are ideal for high-traffic areas or heavy usage. However, these are bulkier than the traditional ones and not preferable to many due to its somewhat unprofessional appearance.
Few points to remember
Before purchasing a desk, it’s better to know some measurements. This will help you to pick the right one that will provide you the ultimate comfort. Check out the following pointers:
The desk needs to provide a space to keep your legs. Usually, a standard desk height is around 30 inches from the floor.
Make sure to keep about three and a half ft space at the back of the desk for your sitting area. And also maintain the same spacing for the opposite side or the front side of the desk (for your guests or clients). This will allow you much space to fit the chairs and enhance your sitting comfort.
Before you set out to purchase an office desk, keep these pointers in mind and you are good to go. Instead of a flashy one, we recommend you to buy a durable and quality product that can serve you well for long time.
Share your thoughts with us!