When it comes to planning a professional space we want everything to be perfect. Starting from interiors to exteriors and from furniture to electricity we want everything to fall into its place nicely and effectively. We don’t want anything to bother us in the future. For the same, we take care of every nitty-gritty and furniture is one of them.
When it comes to choosing furniture for a company, we find numerous options available. We look towards every kind of furniture available in the market, irrespective of the company or the supplier. We focus on the looks that will suit our surroundings rather than looking after the brand. Recently, it has been recorded that people usually buy Chinese furniture for their offices, the reason being the price offered in Chinese furniture. They are available at a relatively low price as compared to others.
It is necessary to place things accordingly. There are numerous reasons why it is to be suggested not to buy office furniture made in China. These are:
The quality that is available by Chinese manufacturers is extremely low. However, the case is this furniture is available to you at a very low price. Yet the quality is just the same as the price. These are usually made from hardwood. This wood is not suitable for furniture at all. The water content found in these woods is extremely high. If you consider them for your surroundings you will feel disappointed after some time. Hardwood is considered to be one of the most inappropriate wooed for furniture. Make sure about the quality of wood also when you are looking forward to furniture for office purposes.
There are numerous designs are available in Chinese furniture but they will lack class. The designs that are available will not suit your office surrounding at all. They may be used at your home but your office requires a more elegant appearance. Therefore, it will be suggested to avoid this type of furniture which does not put forward a good impression for yourself. Therefore, make sure about the design you are looking for your office purpose.
This furniture is not reliable at all. After some time of usage, you will find them to look ugly and you cannot rely on them for a longer duration. It is not possible to change the furniture again and again. They fall into those class of furniture which look very good in starting bus as the time passes, these start to lose all the lusture and shine available. Therefore, it is necessary to consider the furniture which hits high in terms of reliability.
Chinese furniture is not durable at all. You cannot trust the quality available in Chinese furniture. When it comes to choosing furniture for office purposes, it is necessary to choose the furniture which is durable as well. We usually place those things in our surroundings which are durable. Pieces with less durability are not preferred for the same. The reason behind considering durable furniture is, it will require frequent changing of furniture. The ones that you buy will no more be in their usable condition and you will have to buy them over and over again, thus spending more money in the long term. So, if you choose Chinese furniture, congratulations! You are inviting an unwanted problem to your place.
You cannot consider Chinese furniture keeping in mind the quantity as well. If you have placed an order for 100 pieces of the same design, it is not possible to have the same design in every piece. There is a lot of variation in designs given by these manufacturers. For business purposes, it is thus necessary to have the same design available all over the office. You cannot serve your employs differently. If you are giving a brown color chair to your one employee, every employee in your premises supposed to have the same color chair available with them. In short, you cannot trust them to have the same design of furniture available for all over the area which is a major problem.
The looks that are available are not good at all. These are actually lacking in looks. To create an ambiance that adds feel-good factor to your guests, it is necessary to make the area look sober. The looks available with Chinese furniture are something that will not make your ambiance look good at all. Looks are very necessary to consider. On the basis of looks, another person can easily judge your class and status. Therefore, it is necessary for you to choose the best looks for your surroundings.
As mentioned above, there are numerous drawbacks of considering Chinese furniture for the office. Therefore, it is necessary to have the best available with you.
Although the furniture that is available with Chinese manufacturers cost less, they lack quality. It has been suggested that before considering any of the material for your office surroundings, just make sure about the factors that would be important for maintaining your dignity.
Do not invest in a large quantity at a lower price; invest in something which is available with the best of the quality in high amounts. Do not compromise with anything when you are looking forward to having furniture for your surroundings of the office. After all, office is a place that not only serves your employees but also your clients.
It is necessary to make the ambiance look fabulous the reason being it will make your employs to work more efficiently as well. It has been seen that we usually reside in a place that also suits our vibes. If the surrounding is not cooperating with our vibe we cannot adjust in the same surrounding. Therefore, it has been suggested to go to the furniture which will look fabulous with your surroundings. Do not invest in a cheap thing.
Buying used furniture has its own benefits. The furniture is cost-effective as it is sold at a much lesser value than the actual price. Also, high-quality brands can also be bought at a much affordable price. The money saved by buying the refurbished or used furniture can be used to customize the furniture according to one’s own use. But the refurbished or the old furniture has more cons than the pros. Following is a list of reasons why one should not buy the old furniture as it will cost you more in the long run.
- No warranty or return policy: Most of the used furniture will be sold as it is and thus the new customer will not be offered any service plan or warranty. Warranties are either expired or are non-transferable after the transactions are made. Hence, it will become difficult for the buyer to get it replaced or repaired in case of any damage or wrong size. However, if one buys new furnishings then he will be offered a minimum of 6 months warranty which will help him to get it repaired in case of any damage.
- Condition: It is, obviously, risky to buy the used furniture as it may be damaged or needs repair which might cost you even more than the cost of the new one. Thus, the customer becomes uncertain about the quality and durability of the product. The furniture might also have some damage which you don’t know beforehand and hence will take up more of your money. Most of the furnishings are made up of wood and with the passage of time, there is a high risk of them being attacked with termites. Then, you will have to invest your time and money in repairing and cleaning up the damages. There might not be serious damage to the product, but there will always be some blemishes, scratches or scuffs on the product.
- Longevity: The old furniture must have gone through a lot of wear and tear and hence, you’ll be required to replace it much sooner than the new furnishings. Even the best of woods has a shelf life of 10-15 years and buying old furniture will automatically give you a product with a lesser shelf life as it might have already been depreciated. Since it is a product with a lesser shelf life left, it will be more prone to breakage and thus might potentially cause injury. You will definitely not want you and your family to get scratched or fall on the ground and hurt their back or butt. This will not only cost you the price of buying the new furniture, but you will also have to pay the hospital bills.
- Incompatible: The furniture that you bought might be incompatible to the furniture that you already have. You might want to get it painted to the exact same color as of the previous furniture or you would want to replace all of your furniture again and this will cost you even more. Also, the old furniture might be small, and you would then have to buy more furniture, adding to the overall cost.
- Limited Quantity, less choice and old pattern: If the quantity is less than what one actually wants, buying old furniture can create a mismatched look with regard to the previously present furnishings and hence the customer would have to compromise. This will then lead to the replacement of all the furniture costing you a humongous amount of money. Due to the limited amount of quantity, one has a lesser number of choices to select from. You might not get the exact color and size of the furnishing for your place to get it coordinated with the previously present furnishings. Also, the old furniture will definitely be of a pattern which is not much used now and hence will not look good with your modern furnishings. This will instigate you to buy new furnishings and thus making a hole in your pants.
- Not as aesthetically pleasing: The furniture that you buy must be presentable, but the old furniture doesn’t look very appealing because of the wear and tear it has gone through and this is not a good option to be considered. It additionally doesn’t have the rich tones and delightful styles that the high-quality piece of furniture items usually features. It will prompt you to buy new and aesthetically pleasing furniture which will cost you even more.
- Discomforting: The most appealing furniture is the one which is the most discomforting. There are furnishings that look good, but once you start using them, they prove to be a pain in the ass. Old sofas and couches might have become slouchy with their usage, and thus are not a good option to invest your money into. The discomfort that they offer you can’t be matched by anything and thus one should keep them away from such furnishings.
- Bugs: Yes bugs thrive on used furniture and carrying a piece of old furniture might not only spread the bugs all around your house but will also be a place for other infestation.
Buying the used furniture is like a game of gambling. You might get lucky to get great furniture with high quality and a gently used piece but you might also end up with a furnishing that is highly damaged. Thus, noting the above-mentioned reasons, stick to buying new furniture pieces. Knowing that it is backed by a vendor and offers you a warranty makes it worth the buy. Also, you will be surprised to know there will not be much difference in the price of the new and the old piece of furnishing. Even now, if you wish to buy the used furnishings because of some reasons, then always check for all the points mentioned and if you find that the piece is worth the buy then you can buy it and get lucky. However, such situations are rare to occur.